Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Zuria Kingdom

Cador in true protector fashion, agreed to look after her current charge. Merlyn couldn't have been more pleased. Helping this man get his revenge and seeing to it that the Whore of Babylon saw her end, was among her new favorite activates. "I know. I really appreciate it. And one day soon, he will as well~" she said softly. What she knew of Arthur let her know that at least him and Cador could be associates, if not friends. And by her own approximation Arthur could use a few more male influences in his life. "Um-hm, I'll make sure to sleep walk your other knights back to their posts. They won't even remember I knocked them out~" Merlyn said. "See you around, Sir Cador~" Merlyn said as she entered a cell and began doing exactly what she said she would. She had a gander in a few guards dreamss and got a look at and a feel for King Leorio so that once all her other work was finished, she could concentrate on him alone. Whenever he stared off into space, dozed off, or fully fell asleep, Merlyn would enter that lad's dreams... with haste.

Moving right along, Guin was more than aware that Arthur was staring at her. Still the spirits connected with her, didn't seem at all discouraging of the act. Did they trust him for reasons she didn't know? Normally they were much more proactive about protecting her than that. This lad's face held an intense shade of red, what could he possibly have been thinking about? What was more this lass was in for a bit of a surprise. Arthur introduced himself, and went on to call her by her full name. The girl's eyes widened in this moment and it became obvious to her why the spirits didn't discourage this lad. Even so, she needed to instead, though her face lightly reddened, as the face of a girl her age would at such attention. It'd been too long since she'd heard her own name as such, she sort of missed it. "Our servitude is quite different, Arthur. You should remember to call me Guin," she said softly. "Though I don't mind hearing my name... as the queen's new favorite if you wish to stay in her good graces, it's best if you don't mention the name of the dead crowned princess~" she mentioned in a way which was both casual and cutting. Beyond this point he asked her if she carried a knife or dagger. 'Oh?' her thoughts were ablaze with what he might need such a thing for, still the spirits didn't discourage her actions, in fact the encouraged it. A shift in the doll's back in her hands happened, so she reached into the doll she held and removed a short dagger with the insignia of the old monarchy etched into its blade. "I have quite a few daggers. You can use this one... as long as you promise to return it to me. It was one of the last presents I received from the real King and Queen of this Kingdom," she explained her attachment to it, but still handed over the weapon, if only because she was encouraged by the spirit within the doll. She was never one to go against such things, as they always worked in her favor.

With a simple exchange and expression of good faith, Merlyn and Cador would see the end of their arrangement for the immediate future. They could go about their separate ways for now, and as such, they could go about their joint goal. "Putting men to sleep and walking through their dreams. There aren't many of your type left, you know?" he said, turning away and offering one additional farewell before walking off. "If the bitchy queen lets me sleep tonight, feel free to update me on your progress. I should have an update on the prince as well. Ja."

Only when Guinevere pointed out the way he addressed her, did Arthur even realize what he'd said. Well, that explained the reaction she had. And here, Arthur had been thinking there was a more favorable reaction to his demeanor. Perhaps that's what it was. No─ he took it instead as a reaction to hearing the name she favored. "Ah, sorry. I let myself get caught up in the lore. Guin it is. I... apologize if you had to live through that part of history," he offered with the sincerest apologetic bow he could manage. As for the blade he sought, she did have one to offer. At least, she offered that which was held in her doll on the condition that it be returned to her. Seeing the sigil engraved on its blade, he understood completely that it held great sentimental value. "You have my thanks. I'll return it in the same condition. Knight's honor," he said upon accepting the dagger, even drawing an imaginary cross over his chest. He wore a smile all along, notably of a different nature than what he shared with the queen in earlier moments. This time, it came with a far more genuine warmth. "You can trust me... Guinevere."

According to Cador, Merlyn was a being of rarity in the world at large. A chuckle escaped the Sorceress. She was indeed quite the odd man out in the sense of her type of being, was actually ultra rare. "I'd call myself a relic of a bygone era," Merlyn mentioned. She was quite an interesting person. She was also a bit surprised that Cador understood what she was, but it was more likely for him to know than for someone like Arthur to know. Speaking of Arthur she wondered if he'd met the other person they'd come here for. It seemed that Cador at least was content to allow her permission to look for him in his dreams later. She had to admit this was the best covert conversations one could have. It was best for the type of scheming they were doing.

Guin encountered some interesting reactions from Arthur. The lad claimed to have just been caught up in the lore when he'd called her by name. She hadn't really considered it, but he did introduce himself as Arthur and the sorceress was Merlyn. She imagined it was a bit too much to also meet someone called Guinevere. Still, if something like that were possible, perhaps... it'd be worthwhile eventually. At the very least, her spirits seemed quite at ease with Arthur. "Eh, you don't have to apologize for that, but I do appreciate it," the lass said, she was slowly warming up to the lad a bit. Perhaps it was hearing her name, perhaps it was the fact that he seemed to be as genuinely warm as his smile led him to seem. "The ones responsible are the ones who should apologize... the false King and Queen have caused quite a few problems over the years. But... it's spilled milk," the lass explained of her situation. She'd long since abandoned feelings of hopelessness and moved on to fury and a burning desire for revenge. But she was biding her time, eventually she would have what she came for. Strangely after she handed over her dagger, the lad promised to return it in the same condition. He even made a gesture most childish when making this promise. Guin's eyes widened in surprise at this, how strange was this lad to have such a thing to say. Still, instead of wanting to crush this lad's dreams and happiness, her face broke into a smile instead. "Knights never swear on such things lightly. I'll leave you to it..." she said. A gentle curtsy left this lass and she turned to leave this lad to her own devices, but she turned to see him smile and speak her name again. A deep blush crossed her face as she turned immediately to cover it. "I might believe you. Be careful, Arthur... that witch is actually dangerous." And with that, she aimed to leave as quickly as possible. She never felt much of anything... she wasn't about to let this boy win her over so easily... right?

Arthur took a fair amount of time appraising the dagger Guin chose to lend him. Admittedly, it was a very good blade. Even if not for the sentimental value it held, it was undoubtedly something he'd want to return in pristine condition. Guin went on to make it clear who was at fault for her current situation. She referred to the current monarchs' dealings as spilled milk; Arthur couldn't agree less. "That isn't very realistic to me. Justice will come," he said with a level of certainty that couldn't be considered realistic in the state of this world.

Knights didn't swear on such things lightly. Well, Arthur didn't mean it lightly, either. Even in his original life, he refused empty promises. He considered promises as a way of holding himself to the standards of his family, and he would do anything but besmirch their good names. Nevertheless, a curtsy was offered by Guin as her farewell, and it came alongside a warning... as well as an interesting reaction to his final words. Was this really happening? He'd have to find out properly later, but first, he had to make good on that promise of his. "Treading with care. I'll take your advice," he said, leaning against the doorframe as Guin took her leave of him. This 'chance' meeting was so surreal, he couldn't keep himself from watching the lass walk away, a twinkle in his eye all the while. "Take care, Guin." These were his final words before he resigned himself to preparations. Eventually, Arthur was placing his armor on a stand in the corner of his room, right next to the new resting place for Excalibur. That dagger was still with him. He needed it at the ready for emergency use, so he decided to place it underneath his mattress before seating himself on the bed. He wouldn't get too comfortable. Perhaps Queen Kolin would go against his assumption and call for him, but in that case, he had other ideas floating around in his head. Time would soon tell how events played out in the Zuria Kingdom. . .

It would appear that Arthur thought that that an ideal as large as Justice would eventually prevail. He truly had to be early for this world for him to think a thing like justice actually existed. Guin was at a point in her time here, where she almost couldn't believe that anyone who wasn't a small child actually believed something like that. It was such a strange notion to her, given what she'd already been through. 'He actually believes that. How can anyone actually believe that?!' Guin's head was full of questions as she walked away. She'd left Arthur in his room but replaying the lad's words in her head was all she could do was remain reeling. 'He told me to take care, as if I'm in any danger?! He really doesn't understand what she is... he can't.' the girl's mental questioning lead her through her regular castle duties. She cleaned the Queen's chambers, helped prepare meals, did laundry, with the other castle hands. She even got to spend some time with Emilia who by all accounts had been missing. A single look in the lass' eye had the two of them quietly speaking, about the changes potential in the castle. Of course, they didn't have to worry while doing chores, it wasn't as if Kolin would interrupt or even want to be in the same room with the two other girls while they did work she thought beneath her. As such a day in Zuria Kingdom would continue.

Within the castle dungeon, Merlyn found herself leaning against a wall, her hood still up. It seemed she was sleeping peacefully back against the wall. But she was moving so freely, she may as well have not been in any physical place. In the time period left to her own devices, the Mage of Flowers found herself walking through the dreams of every sleeping person within the Kingdom. The things she found there were quite strange. A man passed out drunk at a Tavern, had dreams of leaving his wife. That wasn't at all unusual, except that it came with a whisper of a place. Beautiful women could be found there, they'd give you anything for coin. 'Hm? What a gross thought...' was Merlyn's understanding but it only got worse as she moved about. A sleeping young mother already abandoned with a teenaged daughter daydreaming of a possible solution. The visual Merlyn walked through was the sale of a girl and her being carried off in a cage headed for the city. 'I can't afford to feed you. Learn to do it yourself...' A gentle twitch crossed Merlyn's face as she almost snarled in disgust. What the hell was happening around there, that these were common dreams. She thought she'd been disgusted by the dreams of those who lived around the Cathedral where the sword was in the stone. She as wrong... horribly horribly wrong. Still she persisted. She needed answers for her new favorite Knight and beyond that, she needed to find Leorio among the many faces she searched.

As he waited, Arthur's mind wandered. Occasionally, he found that his mental focus would veer toward Guin for multiple reasons. She was so obviously his type, it was ridiculous. He could only go on wondering if reality itself wished to see them paired. It wouldn't surprise him if that could be the case, though he would be even less surprised to learn that it was all Merlyn's doing; she always had that sort of meddling aura about her. Ah, but these sorts of thoughts could not persist long. Arthur was a man with a mission, and his mission was to cease whatever dastardly plans Queen Kolin had brewing. Back to the mattress, he eventually worked his way to being able to view his own stats and abilities the proper way. Oh... there was something useful. 'Holy Sword Wielder?' he questioned upon finding a title attributed to him. In his grand scheme, he'd been worried about the idea of Kolin acquiring his Excalibur. Given the details of this title and its accompanying abilities, though, that would not prove problematic at all. 'Hm. I could turn that dagger into a Holy Relic as long as I'm the one wielding it. It looks like I could even beat Excalibur, if its current wielder isn't chosen. Hmm. . .'

Merlyn wandered through one dream after another as she sat in her dungeon cell. In due time, she would be granted the opening she sought from the beginning. King Leorio had fallen into a deep slumber, interestingly enough in a bedroom he had all to himself. Indeed, to his lovely queen had separate chambers closer to the knights she employed. Such diligence she showed. Leorio felt like the luckiest man to ever be transported to another world, being graced with a kingdom, a bombshell of a queen, and even having that same queen take up most of the workload. Ah, but there was more to dream of yet! He knew of his queen's plans. Very soon, this kingdom would fall. Kolin would move on to new lands filled with promiscuous women of all sorts, endless riches, and a throne high in the clouds. He could see himself there in his dreams. While Kolin managed her brothels and the like, Leorio sat upon the throne being serviced by scantily-clad women, whores even, of every race... only to see his wife and queen encroaching upon him with every intention of joining the fray. Ah, yes─ this would soon be the life he had!

While Arthur figured out his abilities, and Guin went on about her daily tasks. Kolin handled the business of the Kingdom, all while her King slept. She was fine with their current arrangement because it left her a great deal of freedom and plenty of time to... browse for better while she abused his current status in the world. What was more she though of ways to abuse Arthur similarly. Perhaps as long as her motives didn't seem too bad, she wouldn't have to harm him in anyway. Beyond that, he'd be a nice bargaining chip against Artoria, a more legitimate claim to the throne might be worthwhile. She could seed it as an idea at least. Besides all that, though she wasn't exceedingly inclined to bed the lad who was currently in charge of this place, Arthur looked like he might be a bit of fun... maybe it'd be worth it to toy with him a bit and find out. The last of the people seen to, she went to her own chambers and prepared for this upcoming meeting, she'd have a nice bath and plot a more specific first meeting for the two of them. She was in such a good mood, that she couldn't even be bothered to send that Knight Cador on more activites. Though keeping him decently far away from herself was her general goal, since she'd once been his queen, he also had his uses... oh well, a single nights reprieve was hardly going to make a difference in what happened to this world.

While Kolin plotted against Arthur, and Arthur learned of his status as 'Holy Sword Wielder', Merlyn walked in dreams. A mysterious cloaked figure appearing in the back corners of people's minds, never to be properly remembered. When she finally stumbled upon the dreams of the lad known as King Leorio though... It was all she could do to remain quiet. 'Horny disgusting little boy' was what Merlyn came to the conclusion of. It wasn't so much the harem thing that made this scene disgusting... it was all the small parts of it taken as a whole. Still, this lad's dreams weren't without information. Apparently he thought this particular dream to be one of his future. A land he was king of, which didn't involve him doing work but got him exposure to all the young women he could want, and still got him Kolin. 'Ugh, I don't know if I think he's disgusting or if I pity him for being so naïve. I might owe Arthur an apology... this might be the most optimistic idiot in the entire world...' another thought. Not one to stick around within such a a dream for too long, Merlyn opened her eyes. Her presence there was unseen and she didn't even bother conversing with the lad Leorio. From within his dreams she knew... he was definitely complacent in the plans of Kolin, he simply didn't understand he was also expendable. What bitter news she'd have to deliver to the Knight Cador. More than likely the residents of his Kingdom were among the first to make their way to what could only be called the Red Light Kingdom. Whore of Babylon indeed, there wasn't much more need for extra work here. It was obvious to her now what this other lass' plan was, that being said it was still rather complex. While such a place was among the most deplorable, with no idea of where it was located and how it was being run, it would be rather difficult to dismantle it completely. Yet another long term project which would involve multiple players... in every sense of the phrase.

Ah, baths. Queen Kolin wasn't the only one choosing to bathe before any further meetings occurred. After all the monster slaying he'd done lately, and the general setup of this world being what it was, Arthur found himself seeking every bathing opportunity he could come by. This was a cold land as well. Oh, the wonder of a steaming hot tub of water. He made use of his bath time to continue thinking. The plan he had was solid for the most part, but people like Kolin required a very careful approach. Though he'd known of women like her in his previous life, they always did their work for the cause of others. He couldn't be fully sure what her exact approach would be, when it was for her own gain as a manipulator of men. Oh well. If things went too far south, at least he could ensure he was clean when the time came to break out and run off... unlike the last time. Never again would he be covered in so much filth as that day─

Leorio's dream proceeded unhindered, even during and after the observation of Merlyn. He was living at the height of luxury in his dream state, and he would continue to do so through the night... likely alone still. Regardless, Merlyn had her information, and the knight she'd come to an agreement with seemed to be without a hindrance on his plate. Surely the queen was far too busy wooing her newest acquisition, or at least planning to. Cador had nothing to lament regardless; this made his first proper rest day in ages. He'd come to an agreement with Merlyn earlier, but he would not be meeting her in his dream. In fact... he would be meeting her in person, shortly after her stroll through others' subconscious minds. He was never even very far away. Just outside the dungeon, Cador assumed the guise of a guard for the night. After all, it made sense that someone stronger than mere foot soldiers be in place to keep a high-caliber sorceress restrained. It was the perfect opportunity to approach her holding cell, minutes after her escapade.

As Arthur thought in his bath, Kolin thought in hers. Though both were planning for their potential meeting, they were doing so in two very different ways. 'I suppose I shouldn't be too forward with what I say to him. He's a bit nice on the surface... but speaking in hypotheticals I can gauge his reaction,' she thought as she lowered even her massive chest below the heated water's surface. 'And if I don't like the reaction I can always enchant him. Men don't ever resist... I mean who would? Everyone wants an excuse to do what a beautiful woman says...' she seemed rather sure of herself. She could practically see the future in this moment. Too bad her own twisted psyche produced a future for her which was just as bad as Leorio. In her moment of day-dreaming she saw herself sitting atop a throne. The heads of her many enemies decorating nearby podiums. With Arthur at her side as she stared at the one she would prize above all others, the head of that filth Gilgamesh. How dare he turn her down? They could have been great together? Thoughts of this scorned woman soured, but... she could have the next best thing to Gilgamesh if she had Arthur, she'd even have a dead Artoria and Merlin. There was nothing potentially better than that to her. Supreme Power, all the things she wanted and an adoring crowd of people acknowledging her beauty above all others. Her daydream was sweet and ended as she stepped out of the bath. It was such a smooth transition she didn't even notice the glowing eyes of Merlyn's within the corner of her vision.

"Ugh, why does everyone here have such disgusting dreams? I may never eat again..." the young woman murmured. Though many would have assumed such a statement was made because of what she saw in those dreams, she was more or less upset at the quality of those dreams. They'd taste disgusting, she could practically feel that energy source and it wasn't anything she wished to ingest at all. She then opened her eyes which still held a sort of ethereal glow and flicked them towards the cell door from where she sat. "Oh? They put the Spirit Knight on my door, I wonder what I did to earn such VIP treatment?~" she questioned in a manner most nonchalant. Of course, it was simply her nature not to seem too stressed about anything. Besides, keeping the mood light would make sharing the information she discovered much less annoying, maybe.

Arthur's curiosity wouldn't get him very far in planning, he thought. Most of the coming encounter would have to be improvised for the best outcome. Once more, he felt he would be thanking Kimiko at some point. Well... maybe after expressing his distaste at her sudden disappearance on his day off. Yes, that would come first. Then he could thank her for indirectly teaching him the "ways of the sass" as some would phrase it. Whatever the case, it was time to move on. Though bathing was great, he would soon be in danger of pruning if he didn't hop out and dry himself. Clothes, clothes... there had to be something worth wearing after drying off. Arthur managed to find something indeed, but no more than a pair of pin-striped silk trousers with... an opening... at the crotch. "You have got to be kidding me," he groaned aloud. He certainly wasn't going to don his full tunic indoors at night, so he supposed this would be the thing to wear. It was, after all, the only option in sight. No shirt, no shoes, just... silk trousers that threatened to leave his manhood dangling freely with a single wrong movement. It was easy to assume Queen Kolin had a lot to do with this selection, though he would have preferred at least a shirt.

The first words heard from the mouth of Merlyn were about never eating again after tasting the local dreams. Cador, during his approach, laughed. "I should apologize. I would hope my dreams would have been worthwhile, but... sadly not tonight. Not a wink in sight for me, I'm afraid," he said, even knowing the queen would likely have nothing of him for the foreseeable future. "I decided to take the position myself. Queen Kolin is probably too busy preparing to make a 'man' out of Arthur to have busywork for me, and the rest of the men had no issue at all relinquishing their posts in favor of me taking the task. Containing a sorceress is an idea that frightens the masses. So, have you found the king? Is he taken by sorcery?"

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast