Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Saint Paul's Cathedral

It seemed Arthur had a pretty good understanding of the mechanics that Merlyn was explaining. Though he still likened them to the game, it was no more or less than she would consider normal. He even showed his ability to think about the long term life of this world, by not immediately wanting to swear the creature into hell even though he'd defeated it. He was already showing himself to be a thoughtful and earnest individual, all were good qualities for a future King. He went on to express some degree of interest in the idea of turning the creature into a pet. Merlyn could help with this, she opened her hand and created a chunk of magic crystal and began refining it on the spot. "I can make you one.... but do tell me now if you'll actually accept it. These take a bit of extra work to make, and I can't sell them here, no one else would even be able to tell what such a thing is..." she said speaking of her own ability to properly refine such a crystal. It would reach a level of refinement known as Pryoxene which was quite rare, as an element-less crystal which could be used specifically to hold spirits and familiars, or even pieces of someone's mana from their bodies, which under normal circumstances had to be purchased from high level magicians or found in rare places with exceedingly high density mana.

Ah but as Merlyn concentrated on her new task at hand, it seemed Arthur took issue with something he saw in his own status. He claimed to be higher level than he remembered so Merlyn took a look at him from the corner of her eye. She was used to checking the status of various other players and could see the readout of his in a similar manner to how he saw them now. "Oi oi, you can't go from claiming not to trust me to demanding answers~" the lass teased. True enough he was indeed level 56 instead of the mere 32 he thought he'd been. How did she explain this to him without giving away too much? Was there really much point in trying to be gentle with the information? Well...

No. The answer was no.

"Synchronization with the other Excalibur is likely why your level jumped. Time isn't so static here. So, the level at which the once King received their Excalibur is likely the one this one jumped to as the world tries to justify both storylines. Or maybe it would be better described as Convergence, both stories coming together. It will become more clear as you carry on your adventures. Sooner or later the decisions that both you and that King make will determine both your destinies. That is the most honest answer I can give." Her explanation came with the flick of her finger and a little green rhombus shaped crystal floating in front of the lad for him to use in claiming his most recent prize.

One fact was learned about Merlyn─ specifically the fact that she could create the sort of crystal he required, according to her. If nothing else, she had not led him astray thus far, and therefore deserved some faith. "I'll take it," he said, reaching out as the source code of Cath Palug accumulated in his hand. With that, he was all but prepared to place it in this alleged crystal whenever it was offered to him. He hadn't played Age of Eternity enough to know the finer details of crafting and such, but at least Merlyn had the ability to produce something useful in moments like this.

While Merlyn worked on the crystal, she also provided an explanation to his concerns. Of course, this didn't come before she voiced her gripes about the way he sought these answers, but Arthur would only huff in response to that clause. She spoke of another Excalibur, and the 'Once' King to match his title of 'Future' King. There were few ways to interpret the details of this; Arthur chose to recall her earlier mention of the two titles, which were normally used as the singular title of King Arthur. "So instead of me being a reincarnation of King Arthur, I'm just a separate one?" he asked in partial rhetoric while carrying Cath Palug's code to the completed Pyroxene crystal. The former weaved itself into the latter, and Arthur continued speaking. "But it still works like the sword would in lore-based movies and all that. Arthur's reincarnation pulls the sword from the stone, gains the abilities of the old King Arthur, and just needs to develop the skill and resolve to meet his goals. Well, I've got plenty of skill. Here's hoping I won't have to deal with Morgana being merged with a tree for several centuries, looking to take me out and claim Excalibur before I get stronger. I hated how that movie progressed."

A clear comment about taking the crystal was all the lass needed to fully devote herself to that portion of the activity. At least his critical thinking skills seemed to be pretty good as well, he had no problem rationalizing accepting this little thing from her, and likely learning something he hadn't known before. If he'd really only been level 32 when he'd ended up here, he likely was exactly that useless little farm boy he'd appeared to be when he showed up. One hardly had any skills at that level and with out some heavy planning the builds of people around that time were typically a bit lackluster. But apparently this didn't matter. It also seemed he grasped all aspects of the details she'd given him so far, including things she hadn't recently said. "Hm... those are accurate ways to think about it. You are two separate people using the same or similar names to live different aspects of the same lore," she said. This gave away quite a few details including those about herself, not that she knew that to be completely factual yet, as she'd not yet encountered another Merlin only the idea that they might have existed based on a few things which happened to her since coming to this world. As for his mental workings and comparisons to a very specific move, Merlyn could only laugh. She was previously quite the cinephile so she had a bit to say. "Oi oi, that movie wasn't that bad. The progression was cute and gave that little Arthur something to do with his spare time. I've definitely seen worse, like all of the movies where King Arthur is just a nonchalant idiot who doesn't see the emotions of those around him and blindly trusts people until he dies~" she challenged with quite a bit of heat. Only to let it go soon after. "Regardless that jump in level will at least make it easier for you to progress from here. A few more monster kills and we should be near your next major goal. Come now the road to Zuria is clear... no need to stay in this place~" she mentioned with a fleeting mention.

Adventure Continues Here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234