It seemed Arthur had a pretty good understanding of the mechanics that Merlyn was explaining. Though he still likened them to the game, it was no more or less than she would consider normal. He even showed his ability to think about the long term life of this world, by not immediately wanting to swear the creature into hell even though he'd defeated it. He was already showing himself to be a thoughtful and earnest individual, all were good qualities for a future King. He went on to express some degree of interest in the idea of turning the creature into a pet. Merlyn could help with this, she opened her hand and created a chunk of magic crystal and began refining it on the spot. "I can make you one.... but do tell me now if you'll actually accept it. These take a bit of extra work to make, and I can't sell them here, no one else would even be able to tell what such a thing is..." she said speaking of her own ability to properly refine such a crystal. It would reach a level of refinement known as Pryoxene which was quite rare, as an element-less crystal which could be used specifically to hold spirits and familiars, or even pieces of someone's mana from their bodies, which under normal circumstances had to be purchased from high level magicians or found in rare places with exceedingly high density mana.

Ah but as Merlyn concentrated on her new task at hand, it seemed Arthur took issue with something he saw in his own status. He claimed to be higher level than he remembered so Merlyn took a look at him from the corner of her eye. She was used to checking the status of various other players and could see the readout of his in a similar manner to how he saw them now. "Oi oi, you can't go from claiming not to trust me to demanding answers~" the lass teased. True enough he was indeed level 56 instead of the mere 32 he thought he'd been. How did she explain this to him without giving away too much? Was there really much point in trying to be gentle with the information? Well...

No. The answer was no.

"Synchronization with the other Excalibur is likely why your level jumped. Time isn't so static here. So, the level at which the once King received their Excalibur is likely the one this one jumped to as the world tries to justify both storylines. Or maybe it would be better described as Convergence, both stories coming together. It will become more clear as you carry on your adventures. Sooner or later the decisions that both you and that King make will determine both your destinies. That is the most honest answer I can give." Her explanation came with the flick of her finger and a little green rhombus shaped crystal floating in front of the lad for him to use in claiming his most recent prize.