Thread: Kuoh Academy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Curiously enough, the leader of the Peerage being reviewed by this lad, was destined to appear in this office today. The crimson haired heiress to the Gremory Clan would soon enter this very room, though it wasn't Leishi she intended to find here, she had different plans altogether. She'd be seen dressed in a formfitting black dress, which she'd become rather accustomed to wearing and black shoes which laced up to her knees. Completing her ensemble was thin black lace sleeves which covered her arms from her biceps down to her palms. This outfit did nothing more than accentuate the girl's rather curvy figure, but that didn't matter right now as she wasn't here for school related business. "Eh? Lei-shi~" she chimed initially leaning over the couch to have a look at the lad from directly behind him. Strangely though he wasn't a member of her own peerage, she seemed to be quite fond of him, a gentle smirk coming to her face as she rested her bosom against the back of his head. She seemed to have forgotten the entire reason for her own coming to this place. "Ohayou Gozaimasu~" she greeted properly seeming to have forgotten why she came to this room in the first place. "I haven't seen you in ages. I meant to thank you guys for proctoring that horrible Rating Game we were in. And you know, not letting Izuna break out~" she said with a gentle smile on her face.

The male named Leishi was not at all ripped away from his reading, even as another person entered the office. He did, however, raise a curious brow the moment the door was opened, without visually confirming the person present. 'What a coincidence,' he thought. In a matter of moments, the familiar bust of one Eira Gremory was pressed against his head from the rear, and her own face simultaneously loomed over his. "Good morning, Eir," he spoke ever so casually. Just then, the page of his booklet was turned, though he finally tore his eyes from it. "It was no problem. We have fun watching Rating Games, and it keeps Nym especially happy. We didn't keep Izu from breaking out, though. He could have freed himself from that kekkai of mine any time he wanted. I inscribed it with the rule 'Any apparition of Seirei Class or lower cannot pass' when I set it up," he said, taking a breather before returning to his reading, as he wondered if his words may have been lost to the Devil in his company.

It seemed that much to Eira's general happiness, this young man at least was perfectly capable of having the kind of casual interaction with her that she preferred. She remained where she was leaning against him and peeking into his face as he explained that he was fine looking out for her. He mentioned a member of his peerage that was exceedingly happy to look in on them. It was one she remembered being related to the Satan Beelzebub. A chuckle escaped her as she realized that particular girl would likely enjoy proctoring Rating Games as a natural part of who she was. Moving right along, Leishi mentioned that Izuna would have been able to get out of the barrier he'd created at any time, and was content to use terms in his explanation which Eira wasn't familiar with. "Hm? You lost me Leishi... there are some terms in there I am not familiar with..." she said seemingly amused that there were still things about other kinds of beings which she didn't know. "Feel free to share though, I enjoy knowing new things~" she said. Becoming fairly curious about what in his explanation explained that Izuna could have left his barrier whenever he wanted to, she was even willing to put aside her reasoning for coming here, to find this out.

"Sou ka," Leishi said upon receiving the confirmation he needed. His gaze returned to the booklet, though he did not start reading again just yet. In fact, his eyes closed after a moment of silence brought about during the time taken to formulate his explanation. "I would happily enlighten you, Eir. Onmyouji once found a need to create classifications of our own, separate from others' views of various spirits and creatures. In practice of Onmyoudou, it becomes easy to realize the strong similarities between spirits and Youkai. Actually, they are almost interchangeable, at least as far as kekkai, summoning and banishing are concerned. To keep it simple, they share classifications because of how Furyoku affects them. There are three classes to spirits and Shikigami alike: Normal, Seirei, and Kami. Most Youkai fall into the Seirei class, but if you were to equate the ability of certain Youkai to rival Gods, Satans and Buddhas... they would be considered Kami Class."

With all that said, Leishi closed the booklet in his hand, deciding he had actually read enough to understand the gist of the last Rating Game. If he cared to know anything else, he did have access to one of its participants here and now, so he freed himself to devote his full attention to Eira. In doing so, he chose to clarify one more thing. "Oh! Furyoku is a newer term from modern takes on Onmyouji, who call themselves Shamans now. What used to be called enchantment power started being called shamanic power. I guess it's an alright change. Anyway, Izu wouldn't have had any issues getting through, if he were a Daiyoukai at the time."

Eira would be exceedingly attentive as Leishi explained the classifications which Onmyouji had come up with to define Spirits and Youkai alike. The information itself was fascinating, as Eira had only loosely considered that other people had different ways of classifying the powers they'd encountered. What she knew of those sorts of things, she knew only because of her attachment to the Youkai who were part of her Peerage. She gained such knowledge through her Peerage members, though it was generally more specific to the kind of Youkai they were. "Sou ka, but..." she was soon left to pause as he went on to answer the one question she would have had about the explanation. Her eyes widened then as it all came together. According to what Leishi had to say, if Izuna had taken his true form, he would have been able to leave any time he felt like it. "That clears that up. That was a really good explanation. I understand what you mean in theory, but it is exactly for the reason that he could have gotten out as a Daiyoukai, that he was kept in~" she chimed, which was of course the absolute truth. Izuna had no intention of revealing the truest of his form to anyone if he didn't have to, and he had no reason to assume he'd ever have to. Eira wasn't completely sure why he was hiding but if he remained comfortable with his own decision she had no reason to question it. "But I am sure you realized that~" she said as a gentle compliment to Leishi, whom she knew to be Izuna's partner at least in relation to their shared after school activity. "Still, it's interesting to think that even magical humans have their own classifications of other beings. The world is such an interesting place~" Eira mused. "Arigatou Gozaimasu, for the crash course in Shamans~ I didn't mean to interrupt your reading~ I actually only came here looking for Lu-chan~" she said thinking about it more. "Things have been kind of hectic since that Second Rating Game."

"Of course I do. I could have also stopped Kami Class for a little while, but I was actually holding out hope that Izu would be mad enough to break what I did put up," he explained. As he placed the booklet on the table in front of himself, Leishi turned clockwise until he was able to stretch out across the couch, leaning his head against its arm. It became apparent soon enough that Eira came searching for Lucaro, to whom Leishi was servile. "There wasn't much reading to interrupt. I was actually just getting Nym's summary of that last Rating Game you guys had. Nice Dragon," he continued, rolling directly into the next clause to meet Eira's reason for arriving. "Luca's gone. Nym should be around here somewhere though, unless it's something I could help you out with."

It seemed that Leishi had been holding out hope that Izuna would become upset enough to challenge the barrier he'd created. "Sou ka, well, you'll be waiting for that as long as I've been~" she said, knowing that she'd been holding out hope for her little fox boy for quite a while, and it didn't seem like his will would ever break over his need to be secretive with his form. He went on to explain what he'd actually been reading prior to her arrival and it was apparently the summary of her Rating Game against her elder brother. "Ah, so that's what passes as an entertaining read now~ Well, I expect that of Nymphia... her dad announced the whole thing, and seemed pretty into it," she said of the actual Rating Game material, but given who it was written by that made quite a great bit of sense. "Arigatou Gozaimasu~ With him and Revil, my Peerage is complete. Though Takumi is still out cold after his last battle," she said, a slight frown coming to her face. According to all of the healers on her team, the young boy was simply exhausted having gone too far past his limits, but still he hadn't so much as stirred in days, and it was just a little unnerving to Eira.

Irrespective of this, it was stated by Leishi that Lucaro the person she'd come looking for was out, and that Nym was apparently nearby or possibly depending on what she'd come for, he could help her out. She frowned slightly, finding it odd that Lucaro was always conveniently missing when she came looking for him like this. "Hm, well it is actually about Takumi. I need to look his school records... if you can help me out with that, I'd really appreciate it. If not I could just put it off until I track down Lu-chan," she said. Eira wasn't truly known for acting on her own whims, her now unconscious pawn was someone she felt even more obligated to look after than other members of her peerage. Given this, she felt it necessary to know how he'd gotten to the point of being kicked from the roof during lunch and thought his past might help her better understand his family dynamic as well as take away a bit of the awkwardness surrounding the lad. Since being direct wasn't technically an option at present, she'd be a bit more indirect than she was used to.